Accounts Administrator (month end)
- Job Reference:
- nnltd 77
- Date Posted:
- 29 January 2016
- Bradford, Yorkshire
- £20,000 to £30,000
- Financial, Admin
- Job Type:
- Work Hours:
- Full Time
- Nicola Copperwheat
Increased growth has led to the opening of a new role for an Accounts Administrator to join our clients Bradford operation.
The ideal candidate will be working as part of a team to provide all accounting functions for the Company up to and including Month End, handling all customer accounts from inputting orders to settlement of invoices. We use Sage 200 but can provide training on this system. Assisting the Directors will typically involve making travel arrangements, organising 2 diaries, dealing with confidential matters discreetly, taking care of visitors and Health and Safety system administration
- Keep all transactions updated in the Cash Book and Daily cash flow using Barclays Online Banking Facility
- Enter all transactions into Sage.
- Reconcile Sage and Cash Book daily to prevent mistakes building up.
- Go to local branch to deposit if there is a Euro/ USD Cheque.
- Dealing with Petty cash
Sales Ledger Duties:
- Inputting Sales orders
- Processing sales invoices - checking and cost coding
- Posting copies to customers
- Filing order acknowledgements
- Posting invoices onto Sage
- Posting payments received onto cashbook & Sage, allocating correctly.
- Posting cheques received to the bank daily
- Informing Sales manager regarding any pro-forma receipts from customers
- Setting up new accounts including credit checks
- Credit control - chase debtors at regular periods, using Sage to print statements.
- Inform Sales manager of any issues with customers late payments.
- Paying TAX/NI
- Assist financial director to do quarterly VAT return
- Checking VAT certificates received against VAT postings on Sage
- Completing EC sales list on quarterly basis for EC exports
- Completing Intrastat forms on monthly basis for EC imports
- Addressing any queries relating to IPR shipments
Month End & Year End:
- Reconcile bank account, Sage and cash book
- Reconcile international bank accounts and Sage
- Ensure all records relating to month end have been posted and correct
- Perform all month end duties - running reports etc
- Help with stock taking at year end
- Archive all the accounts files for the previous financial year at year end
Customer account manager duties:
- Dealing with customer enquiries
- Processing customer orders, issuing order acknowledgements etc
- Inputting pro-forma customer credit card details
- Ensuring all customer records are accurate and updated regularly.
- 1st line telephone answering
- Dealing with the post daily
- Ordering Stationary & Kitchen supplies when required.
- Updating stock levels of ink cartridges onto spreadsheet and ordering when required.
- Operating fax machine/copier/scanner.
- General filing, word processing letters, minutes and other documents on ad-hoc basis
- Update ND contacts regularly
- Making travel arrangements
- Looking after 2 diaries
- Looking after visitors
- Taking care of some confidential matters discreetly
- Taking minutes (précis) of Directors meetings
Health & Safety duties:
- Doing risk assessment regularly
- Keeping contact with H & S consultant regarding all H & S issues
- Meeting with H & S consult twice a year for H & S updates.
- Keeping H & S documents in place
- Keep updated records of contracts and renewal dates i.e. Insurance schedule, Mobile contracts.
- Responsible for arranging weekly cleaning of office and workshop.
- Assisting manager to arrange training courses & keep training files updated.
- Assisting manager with ISO certification and auditing
- Accounts/purchase/sales ledger work experience
- Knowledge of accounts, preferably Accountancy related degree holder/ AAT (part/full qualified)
- Experience of Sage Line 50 / Sage 200 - though training will be offered
- Proficiency with MS programmes esp. Strong in Excel and Word
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) to deal effectively with external stakeholders and internal colleagues.
- Ability to work accurately under pressure to deadlines
- Strong organisational skills
- Ability to work well under own initiative to seek improvements to benefit the company
- A high level of professionalism and discretion
- Knowledge and experience of working within ISO Quality systems