Design and Commissioning Engineer
- To take the technical brief for a project from the Client, the Sales Department or to review incoming tender documentation
- To produce detailed systems designs to match the brief
- To produce written technical equipment specifications
- To assist the sales department in producing customer quotations for systems
- To produce block diagram drawings for inclusion in sales bids and tender returns
- Preparation of written technical responses detailing the reasons behind equipment choices where necessary
- To review system designs provided to by consultants
- Production of, or assistance in the production of, system CAD drawings
- Creation of initial configuration software for such devices as Audio DSPs, Matrices etc
- When necessary to provide project details and equipment specifications to in-house and third party control system programmers and provide assistance with any control system issues
- Supervising system pre-build works at our premises to the required standards.
- Preparing for and supervising 'Factory Acceptance Tests’ conducted on premises and on site where necessary
- To set up, commission and test systems to meet the required standards
- In conjunction with the Project Manager to gather 'on-site change’ information and site specific details such as IP addresses, phone numbers etc and pass this information via a marked up CAD drawing to the CAD draughtsmen for the production of as-built drawings.
- To provide technical support for all systems installed, from advice to arranging repairs and modifications.
- To provide technical information and support for all the Sales, Installation and Project Management staff.
- In depth Professional AV and/or Broadcast Television systems engineering knowledge.
- Communication skills - ability to deal politely and efficiently with customers both on the telephone and in meetings.
- Experience in software set up of routing systems, DSPs, graphics processors etc
- Experience in fault-finding complex AV/Broadcast systems
- Experience in commission complex AV/Broadcast systems
- IP Networking knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Current and clean Driving License.
- 2D CAD skills.
- Infocomm CTS Certification