IT Administrator - Harlow
* To ensure that you provide complete assistance to all departments.
* The task handled by the IT administrator is crucial as even a small negligence on the part of the IT team may cause interruption in work. It is essential to maintain the IT network and servers in order to keep them in good working condition.
Overall, a support function that is at the core of the business’s infrastructure.
* Install and manage existing and new hardware, software and peripherals.
* To keep all departments operational and functioning at their maximum speeds without downtime.
* Ensure all systems are secure from threats and vulnerabilities.
* To protect confidential data and system crashes.
* Train and develop staff with the use of IT systems.
* Proactively check for network issues
* All systems must be connected to the network to ensure access to shared data on servers and the use of telephone systems.
* Provide remote support
* Use LiteManager, LogMeIn or telephone support.
* Maintain all equipment documentation, licenses and warranties.
* Proactively check all incoming email groups for Junk emails.
* In case any legitimate emails get stuck in the filters and need to be pushed through to the inbox.
* Enter the server room and switch over the backup drives to the correct drive, for example if the drive B on it, replace with drive C, or if the drive has 1, replace with drive 2 and so on.
* Check all CCTV is operational
* To ensure the DVR and cameras are working correctly and recording.
* Look into Data required and data tables to see what is possible and not. Working out solutions to problems and how fixes can be made.