As part of a small team, managing the IT Department you are directly responsibility for the corporate servers and databases ensuring availability and consistency of services to the users, ensuring the smooth and efficient running of the Department.
- Ownership of and satisfying the needs and requirements of the system’s users.
- Ensure that all systems are kept current both to maximise performance
- To oversee the testing of new application software.
- Maintain and update all relevant reports and departmental manuals.
- Liaise with Directors, Managers and other Departments on IT systems and their needs and uses.
- Management and document of all IT projects and tasks from inception to completion.
- Ensure adequate levels of staff cover in the Department at all times.
- Systems process enhancement - identify and recommend to Ops.
- Ensure business continuity plan is in place.
- Ensure that the company complies with the minimum Microsoft certification at all times.
- Carry out quarterly performance reviews on IT personnel.
Ensure all critical servers are backed up, and can be restored successfully.
Document path to restoring all servers and where possible test the documentation to ensure process is successful and up-to-date.
Create and maintain documentation for the disaster recovery plan for core IT services, to ensure business continuity. Documentation to be held securely and a disaster recovery test held annually.
- Responsible for new and existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage etc. in accordance with standards and operational requirements.
- Install and configure systems such as supports company infrastructure applications.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures
- Contribute to and maintain systems standards in accordance to operational requirements
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Active Directory management. Create, change, and delete user accounts per request. Maintain security and group policies.
- Ensure replication is maintained between all domain controllers, and any additional database servers.