- Proven multi-skilled engineering/maintenance experience within the food or other FMCG industry.
- Mechanical skills - hydraulics, pneumatics, belts, bearings and chains.
- Electrical skills - 3 phase motors, relays and contactors, motor drives.
- Proven experience of planning & scheduling preventative/predictive maintenance.
- Good knowledge of food industry machinery i.e. production/packing lines, thermo-formers, MAP packing machinery, portion controlled fillers, steamers, clippers, slicing machines.
- Experience using web-based maintenance programmes.
- Excellent technical understanding, machine knowledge, expertise and machine identification.
- Electrical and mechanical equipment troubleshooting skills.
- Health and Safety conscious with demonstrable history of training.
- The ability to analyse and resolve maintenance issues under pressure - both alone and as part of a team.
- Good understanding of utility usage in a production environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Good computer/IT skills
- Ability to use own initiative
- A proactive and positive attitude
- Good decision making skills
- Have the ability & experience of fully servicing manufacturing plant machinery & equipment.
- Maintain the physical plant, all electrical and mechanical equipment both in the production environment and general site maintenance.
* Hours of work – 40 per week
Days – Monday to Friday (with Saturday cover done on a rotation basis)