Position will be based throughout in Essex and surrounding areas.
This key role involves a wide ranging remit but you will be primarily responsible for:
* Providing high level (2nd/?3rd line) technical support to customers and technical colleagues via methods such as on-site, remote or by telephone.
* You will work closely with Operations, the Team Leads and Technical Director but will be expected to be self-driven and be able to operate without close supervision and can hit the ground running.
* You will have excellent communication skills (written and verbal), a proven track record of delivering successful IT support & projects, and a real enthusiasm for delivering exceptional service in a customer facing server support and installation environment.? All this, plus delivering work as part of a team environment.
* You will have exceptional knowledge of IT systems and their application in an SME environment.? A greater technical working knowledge of the following areas would be considered a distinct advantage:
* Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2012 including AD and GPO
* Microsoft Exchange 2007/2010/2013
* Microsoft Office 365
* Microsoft Windows Small Business Server
* Symantec Backup Exec various versions up to 2015
* Advanced support and management of Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8 & Windows 10
* General PC and laptop troubleshooting and problem solving
Advanced support and management of Microsoft Office
* Working knowledge of Networking including VPN/?VLAN/?NAT/?DMZ/?DNS/?DHCP/TCPIP with ability to practically apply to routers and firewalls.
* A detailed working knowledge and understanding of email technologies, including POP/?IMAP/?SMTP/?MAPI.
* Current Microsoft MCITP certification is preferred
37.50 hours per week (Core hours are weekdays’ 09:00 to 17:30 with 1 hour for lunch).
Occasional weekend project work when required.?
Holidays will be 20 days per annum plus Bank Holidays/?Public Holidays
Pension contribution after initial period
Company car will be provided
Salary £28K- £30K per Annum